Weekly Message from the Executive Principal
- Students received draft exam letters for January Regents week on Tuesday, January 8th, in Homebase. The final January exam letter is being mailed home. If students do not receive a draft exam letter, it means they are not currently scheduled for any exams. Please contact your child’s school counselor with any questions.
- On Tuesday, January 15th from 8:00 – 11:00AM, we will be holding our 7th Annual Sophomore Career Day at Corning Community College for all 10th grade students. The event is sponsored by the Corning-Painted Post Area School District and the Career Development Council, which is a career programming service through GST BOCES. The goal of Career Day is to build career awareness by exposing students to new career ideas. Bussing will be provided by the district and all students will be back to school for their lunch and afternoon classes. If you do not want your 10th grade child to attend Career Day, please let us know by calling the main office. Sophomores attending Career Day will want to take a pencil and coat with them as they may be walking between buildings on campus for their sessions.
- The course selection process for the 2019-20 school year will begin this month. Our Sophomore Career Day kicks off this process. The freshman through junior classes will have the opportunity to attend a series of presentations in the Theater from our academic departments explaining elective classes we offer starting Monday January 14th through the end of the month during lunch study halls. Course Catalog Guides will available to students soon. In February and March, our Guidance Department will begin meeting individually with each student to discuss their graduation and career plans and will prepare a tentative course selection for the 2019-2020 school year. Graduation plans and course selections will be mailed home for families to review. If parents have questions or concerns they may call their child’s School Counselor to set up meetings as necessary. Course selections can be changed up to the start of the school year by calling or emailing your child’s School Counselor.
- Looking ahead, there will be no school on Monday, January 21st in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- The Semi-Formal will be held on Saturday, January 26th from 7:00pm - 10:00pm in the Fieldhouse. Admission will be $10 at the door. GUEST FORMS are available in the main office and the attendance office for students that wish to bring a high school aged guest from another school district. Forms should be completed and turned in by Wednesday, January 23rd. As with all of our school dances, students will need to submit to a BREATHALYZER test before they enter the dance. If a student fails the test or refuses to take the test, their parents will be called and disciplinary action will follow. Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.
- January Regents Exams and some Local exams will be held Tuesday, January 22nd through Friday, January 25th. Regular classes will not be held those days, and students report to school only if they are scheduled for an exam.
This news article has expired and is no longer viewable.