New families, start here to learn about the registration process
We utilize a school-based registration process. In order to register your child or children in any Corning-Painted Post Schools, please be advised that there is a specific process to follow. You must go to the office of the school your child will attend during regular office hours from 8:00am – 4:00pm to do the registration. It is always best to call ahead to make an appointment. All students must be registered by a parent or legal guardian. Contact information is under the "Schools" tab at the top of this page.
Step 1, Find out what school your child will attend:
Your child's or children's permanent home address determines what school they will attend. Contact Kathy Smith in Business Services at (607) 936-3704 ext. 1035 or email@example.com and provide your home address and she will let you know the school attendance area based on the address provided.
Step 2, Fill out the Registration Form:
Click to fill out our Registration Form and print it or save it as a file you can utilize as an email as an attachment.
Fill out the Home Language Questionnaire (visit the NYSED website for more information)
Non residents should start with the Non Resident Enrollment Request Form
Click here to access and print the Transportation Form. Contact the Transportation Department with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (607) 962-2493.
Step 3, Gather documents listed below for Registration:
1. Parent Photo Identification
2. Child(ren) Birth Certiticate(s)
3. Proof of Residency (bring one of the documents listed below or two current utility bills for the household address such as a combination of Gas, Electric, Water, Cable, Internet or Landline phone)
- Mortgage commitment letter for a newly purchased home
- Formal lease agreement accompanied by receipt of rent
- Current homeowners insurance policy
- Current property tax bill for a Corning-Painted Post School District residence
- Major credit card bill with current address
- Current bank statement
- Payroll stub
- Valid New York State driver's license with current address
If none of the above are available, other proofs as may be deemed appropriate at the discretion of the district. Contact us for information at (607) 936-3704 ext. 1035.
4. Immunization record. To view requirements, view our Health Services page.
Step 4, Contact the school for a registration appointment (refer to top of page menu for school contact information). For transportation information, contact the Transportation Department.