- Our Policies and Procedures book has been distributed to all students. Please review these with your child. Additionally, please note that we post the contents of this message on our school website each week. Our school website can be found off of the district’s website – www.corningareaschools.com – under the schools menu. An additional source of information is the WHS Guidance Department on Facebook. Like the page to get updates from that office. They have been posting a lot of valuable information for also students as well as scholarship information for seniors.
- With Parent Portal, parents have password-protected access to their child’s grades, attendance at all times. When logged in to Parent Portal, under the “Grades” tab, you can change the drop-down “view” menu in order to see your child’s 5-week Progress grade or the current Marking Period Average. For more information about Parent Portal, see the district’s website at www.corningareaschools.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school and we will help you navigate through this excellent tool.
- Our next, and final, fall parent meeting on topic of the transition to one high school and one middle school is Tuesday, December 3rd at 6:00pm in the West High School cafeteria. We are holding four meetings consisting of the same content, but are spread over the past month to offer scheduling flexibility for parents.
- Attention Parents of Seniors: This year’s Financial Aid Night will be December 10th in the East High Cafeteria from 6:30-8pm. This is for parents of seniors at both East and West High schools. A financial aid representative from Corning Community College will explain the financial aid process, the different types of borrowing and funding available for college and provide details on the required FAFSA form.
- Looking ahead, the Masterworks production of Romeo and Juliet will run December 5th through December 8th. Performances will be at 7:30pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and at 2:30pm on Sunday afternoon. Tickets are $8.00 each and are available at the West High ticket office, or by calling 654-2774. Students may pick up a free ticket for Thursday night’s performance by showing their student ID at the ticket office.
- There will be no school on Wednesday, November 27th through Friday, November 29th. The school building will be closed to all students and staff during the Thanksgiving Recess. Classes will resume on Monday, December 2nd. From the entire West High School staff, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
Monday – Nov. 25
3:00 PM – BLT Meeting
Tuesday – Nov. 26
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM – PE Meeting – Café
6:30 PM – Council on Addictions – Rooms 105 & 107
Nov. 27-Dec 2 @ 5 a.m. – No School – Thanksgiving Break – Building Closed
Dec 3 – Fall Parent Information Night – WHS – Cafe'
Dec 5 – Common Core at EHS in the Cafe'
Inquiry Team Postponed 11/21 – more information will follow
WHS PTSA MEETING DATES (WHS Media Center – 7 pm)
October 21, November 18, December 10, January 21, February 24, March 18, April 21, May 19, June 16