Click Below to Sign Up For The New Corning East High Parent Newsletter:
· The East High School PTSA is sponsoring a Healthy Lifestyles Fair on Monday, November 25th at East in the school cafeteria. The fair will take place during the lunch periods. Information will be available about nutrition, exercise, winter preparedness, texting, alcohol abuse, county mental health services, and “unplugging” for the holidays. Parents are invited to stop by if they sign in at the visitors station at the school. There will be drawings for giveaways for each of the lunch periods.
· Drama Club invites all East High students, staff and family members to join us on a day trip to New York City to see the musical "Pippin" on Saturday, January 11th. Your absolutely last chance to submit the $150 deposit is Monday, Nov. 25th. Please make checks payable to Nova Tours and drop them off to Rm. D118.
· Our next, and final, fall parent meeting on topic of the transition to one high school and one middle school is Tuesday, December 3rd at 6:00pm in the West High School cafeteria. We are holding four meetings consisting of the same content, but are spread over the past month to offer scheduling flexibility for parents.
· Attention Parents of Seniors: This year’s Financial Aid Night will be December 10th in the East High Cafeteria from 6:30-8pm. This is for parents of seniors at both East and West High schools. A financial aid representative from Corning Community College will explain the financial aid process, the different types of borrowing and funding available for college and provide details on the required FAFSA form.
· Looking ahead, there will be no school on Wednesday, November 27th through Friday, November 29th. The school building will be closed to all students and staff during the Thanksgiving Recess. Classes will resume on Monday, December 2nd. From the entire East High School staff, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.