Elementary Math - About enVision Math™
About enVision Math™
enVision Math™ addresses our New York State Mathematics Standards in a visually stimulating, technology-rich and problem-solving format. Its features help children master Math concepts through textbooks, customized instruction, worksheets and interactive learning activities.
enVision™ Math Features
- Problem-solving handbook teaches a range of strategies students can use to tackle different types of Math problems;
- Visual "Learning Bridge" for each lesson illustrates abstract Math concepts;
- Glossary of Math terms provides a ready reference for key definitions;
- Guided and independent exercises give students practice in all Math processes;
- Enrichment lessons stimulate student curiosity;
- "Minds-on" learning activities reinforce lessons through interactive activities;
- Math books and stories relate Math lessons to their use in the "real" world;
- Letters sent home at the beginning of each unit communicate lesson topics to families;
- Distinct teaching methods address needs of students of varying levels of ability;
- Ongoing monitoring of student understanding helps teachers find and correct misconceptions early; and
- Pacing guidelines give teachers a game plan for covering critical concepts in time for state testing.
Watch this video to see how enVision Math brings Math to life for students!
< Back to Elementary Math Page
< Back to Academics Page