Health Services

C-PP offers comprehensive Health Services for all students in the District. Each health office is staffed by a Registered Nurse. In addition, some health offices also have a Licensed Practical Nurse. Staff meetings focus on current issues affecting the well-being of the students and staff in each building.

  • Emergency cards: These are an important tool for communicating with parents in case of student illness or an accident. Parents are asked to fill them out as completely as possible and update them when there is a change in address, phone number, employment or status.
  • If your child is ill, it is in his/her best interest and that of others to be at home where special health care can be provided.  If, in the judgment of the School Nurse, your child is too ill to remain in school, you will be requested to pick up your child as soon as possible.  If we cannot reach you, we will contact the person(s) noted on the emergency card each parent is requested to complete.
  • Medication in School: Please remember that we must have a physicians's order to give all medication in school, and it must be given in the Nurse's Office.  This also includes any over-the-counter medication such as Tylenol or Advil. Medications will be given to students only when a Physician's Order for Giving Medication in School form has been filed with the School Nurse, teacher or principal.
  • School Physicals: At initial school entry and in grades K, 2, 4, 7 and 10, each student is required to provide a doctor's certificate of physical examination. If a report is not provided, the school physician will complete a health appraisal (not a thorough examination) of the student. Information concerning required athletic physicals and working paper physicals are available in school health offices
  • Bee Sting Allergies, Food Allergies and Asthma: If your child has allergies to bee stings or food, or if your child has asthma, please contact the Health Office to make arrangements for medication and treatment. A doctor’s order is required for any medication your child may need while at school. The parent/guardian needs to supply the medicine ordered. This is vitally important, as time is of the essence in treating these conditions.
  • Physical Education Excuses: If your child is unable to take gym or is restricted from certain gym activities, a doctor’s excuse must be sent to the Health Office. If this is an ongoing restriction, the order needs to be renewed at the start of the school year. Please contact the Health Office if you have any questions.
  • Routine screenings: All students are screened for height, weight, scoliosis (age 8-16), vision and hearing each year. Tests for color perception and eye muscle balance are administered once during a child's school experience.
  • Important State Laws: Regulations of the Commissioner of Education require that a health examination be completed for each public school student in certain grades. As part of the required school health examination, students are weighed and their is measured. These numbers are used to compute the student’s body mass index or BMI. The BMI helps the doctor, nurse or parent know if the student’s weight is in a healthy range. Recent changes to the New York State Education Law require that BMI and weight status group be included as part of the student’s school health examination. Additionally, our school district must take part in a survey by the New York Department of health. Only summary information is sent. No names or other information about individual students are sent. Parents may choose to have their child’s information excluded from this survey report.  If you do not wish your child’s information to be sent to the Department of Health or have questions, please contact your school nurse. Forms and information:

Notice from NYS Health Department

Physician's Order For Giving Medication in School Form

Dental Health Certificate

Immunization requirements and forms:

Pre K

Grades 1, 2 and 3

Grades 4 and 5

Grades 6, 7, 8 and 9

Grades 10, 11 and 12

Religious exemption   (PDF form - must be notarized and turned into Becky Henderson, PPS Office)

For any questions contact your school nurse or the Nursing Supervisor at (607) 936-3704 ext. 1006.

Link: New York State Office of Family and Children Services  Toll-free telephone number operated by the New York State Office of Child and Family Services ("OCFS") to receive reports of child abuse or neglect.  That telephone number is 1-800-342-3720.


Do You Suspect Abuse or Maltreatment?
Report it Now!

Call our Statewide Toll Free Telephone Number:
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call TDD/TTY at
or have your Video Relay System provider call

If you believe that a child is in immediate danger,
call 911 or your local police department.

The Office of Children and Family Services Website may be accessed here:
¿Sospechas de abuso o maltrato?
¡Denúntelo ahora!

Llame a nuestro número de teléfono gratuito:
Si usted es sordo o tiene problemas auditivos, llame a TDD / TTY al
O haga que su proveedor de Video Relay Systema llame

Si usted cree que un niño está en peligro inmediato,
Llame al 911 o al departamento de policía local.

Se puede acceder a la Oficina de Servicios para Niños y Familias a:
© copyright 2017 Corning-Painted Post Area School District, All Rights Reserved
165 Charles Street, Painted Post, New York 14870 - (607) 936-3704
Send Comments, Questions, and Inquiries regarding this Website to